Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> The important part then happens in pg_dump. Note

>         if (dopt->binary_upgrade &&
>             (tbinfo->relkind == RELKIND_RELATION ||
>              tbinfo->relkind == RELKIND_FOREIGN_TABLE ||
>              tbinfo->relkind == RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE))

> note that the above if clause doesn't include materialized tables. Which
> sems to explain this bug?  Could you check that just updating the above
> if to include matviews fixes the bug for you?

I'm also wondering why it *does* include foreign tables.  Surely
relfrozenxid is meaningless for a FT?

> Looking into this I also saw:
> set_frozenxids(bool minmxid_only)
> which makes a bit uncomfortable, but I can't quite put my finger on
> why.

The fact that it's inconsistent with the other list is surely a red flag,
eg seems like we should include RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE there too.

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and materialized views