Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> writes:
> What I don't understand is the new log file being created from the new
> log_filename setting but then nothing being logged into it.  Is it the
> postmaster which creates that file?  I would've thought it would be
> the logger process?

Hm, I hadn't focused on that --- that *is* pretty bizarre.  The
postmaster creates the log file initially before forking the syslogger,
but subsequent rotations are handled by the syslogger process.

Is it possible that your systems are running on the hairy edge of ENFILE
limits?  I notice that the syslogger will silently fail to rotate if it
gets ENFILE while trying to open the new log file.  That doesn't look
like it'd explain the lack of log_checkpoint activity, though.  Also,
usually people notice this state because everything else on the box
starts to fall over ...

Сообщение: Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8225: logging options don't change after reload