Re: BUG #2683: spi_exec_query in plperl returns column names which are not marked as UTF8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2683: spi_exec_query in plperl returns column names which are not marked as UTF8
Дата
Re: BUG #2683: spi_exec_query in plperl returns column names which are not marked as UTF8  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> I'd like to suggest that raise that minimum requirement for Perl to
> 5.8 for 8.3, as Perl 5.8 will be about five years old by then.

Well, we're still supporting some OS versions that are way over five
years old.  ISTM the real question is what do we buy if we make such
a restriction?  Getting rid of a few small ifdefs doesn't seem like
an adequate reason.  Is there some major improvement we could make?

Сообщение: Re: BUG #2683: spi_exec_query in plperl returns column names which are not marked as UTF8
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2683: spi_exec_query in plperl returns column names which are not marked as UTF8