Re: upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.1.10 crash

От Boergesson, Cheryl
Тема Re: upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.1.10 crash
Дата
Re: upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.1.10 crash  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

I found when I removed all comments, it worked fine.  Any ideas?

From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Boergesson, Cheryl
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:24 AM
To: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: [HACKERS] upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.1.10 crash

Hello.  I am trying to upgrade from PostgreSQL 8.0.3 to PostgreSQL 8.1.10.  I’m on WindowsXP and I’m compiling with Visual C++ 6.0.

I have a very simple routine that works fine with the 8.0.3 version:

int easy_connect()

{

exec sql connect to my_db as my_cnxtn;

printf ("connection results:\n");

printf ("code: %d\n", sqlca.sqlcode);

printf ("state: %s\n", sqlca.sqlstate);

printf ("warn: %s\n", sqlca.sqlwarn);

exec sql begin work;

exec sql commit work;

return 0;

}

When I use the 8.1.10 version, the connection works ( sqlca.sqlcode is 0, sqlca.sqlstate is 0000 and sqlca.sqlwarn is blank).  But it then crashes on the “exec sql begin work” line.

I get the following error in a window:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\testSQL.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

I removed the 8.0.3 version using “remove program” from the control panel.  I then went and removed my C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0 folder, just to make sure I was not including the wrong header files, linking to the wrong libraries, or calling the wrong version of ecpg.exe.

Thanks for any help.

-Cheryl

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: generate_iterator functions
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: generate_iterator functions