Re: plperl & sort

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plperl & sort
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jeff <threshar@threshar.is-a-geek.com> writes:
> I've ran into this interesting problem.
> It seems that while you can call sort() in a trusted plperl func you
> cannot access $a & $b which effectively makes it useless.

> I've tested this on 8.2.11, 8.3.5, and the nov 4 snapshot on ftp.postgresql.org
> In all cases its on a mac with perl 5.8.8.

I can confirm this behavior with perl 5.10 on Fedora 9.  I suppose the
Safe module is somehow blocking the variable accesses, but if so why
doesn't it throw an outright error?  Is this a Safe bug, or are we
failing to enable something we should, or perhaps it's actually
necessary to block this for security reasons??  Requires more perl-fu
than I have, unfortunately.