Re: pgsql: Let installcheck-world pass against a server requiring a passwor

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Let installcheck-world pass against a server requiring a passwor
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> Let installcheck-world pass against a server requiring a password.
> Give passwords to each user created in support of an ECPG connection
> test case.  Use SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION, not a fresh connection, to
> reduce privileges during a dblink test case.

Hm ... is this reasonably secure?  It seems like it's creating user
accounts with well-known passwords.  The accounts might not be there
for long, but still, I'm not sure I'd care to run this against an
installed server on a machine with hostile users present.

(The problem might have been there even before your patch, but that
doesn't mean it's not a problem.)