Re: Per database users/admins, handy for database virtual hosting...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Per database users/admins, handy for database virtual hosting...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Maybe it's me being slow, but are we not being over-complicated here? What's
> wrong with saying "database D1 looks up users in local table, D2 in the
> global table". If you are connected to D1, then no-one can see the global
> userlist.

Hmm.  That would amount to saying that there are no global superusers
for D1, which might be a bit of a problem --- if local DBA paints
himself into a corner, you can't get him out.  Backing up a cluster that
has not got global superusers would be a PITA too.

Still, I think you are right that we gotta think outside the box if
we're going to find a way to do this.