Re: plperl vs LC_COLLATE (was Re: Possible savepoint bug)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plperl vs LC_COLLATE (was Re: Possible savepoint bug)
Дата
Re: plperl vs LC_COLLATE (was Re: Possible savepoint bug)  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The attached patch against cvs tip does seem to work. Instead of playing
> with the environment, we simply allow perl to do its worst and then put
> things back the way we wanted them.

Doesn't that screw up Perl, though?  Its idea of what the locale is
will be wrong.

Maybe that's the least bad alternative available, but it doesn't seem
like we're there yet.

(Of course, the *big* problem with this approach is that it's
Perl-specific, and won't do a thing for any other libraries that
might try to do setlocale(LC_ALL, "").)