Re: Call for objections: put back OIDs in CREATE TABLE AS/SELECT INTO

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Call for objections: put back OIDs in CREATE TABLE AS/SELECT INTO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> writes:
> I object. I personally think we should be moving towards not using OIDs
> as the default behaviour, inasmuch as we can, for several reasons:

All these objections are global in nature, not specific to CREATE TABLE
AS.  The argument that persuaded me to do something here is that CREATE
TABLE AS should not be different from CREATE TABLE's default behavior.

I have no problem with moving towards lack-of-OIDs as the default
behavior for both statements, in the long run, if we can get past the
compatibility issues.  But I don't think OIDs in user tables are costing
us anything much, so I'm not prepared to take any big compatibility hit
to change the default ...