Re: Too many .history file in pg_xlog takes lots of space

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Too many .history file in pg_xlog takes lots of space
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> 彭昱傑 wrote:
>> Every time I restart postgre server, it generates a new history file:

> That's strange -- it shouldn't happen ... sounds like you're causing a
> crash each time you restart.  Are you using immediate mode in shutdown
> maybe?  If so, don't; use fast mode instead.

I'm confused by this report too.  Plain crashes shouldn't result in
forking a new timeline.  To check, I tried "-m immediate", as well as
"kill -9 postmaster", and neither of those resulted in a new .history file
on restart.  I wonder if the OP's restart process involves calling
pg_resetxlog or something like that (which would be risky as heck).

Сообщение: Re: Too many .history file in pg_xlog takes lots of space
Сообщение: Re: Too many .history file in pg_xlog takes lots of space