Re: Join works in 7.3.6, fails in 7.4.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Join works in 7.3.6, fails in 7.4.2
Дата
Re: Join works in 7.3.6, fails in 7.4.2  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> I have a query that works in 7.3.6 but not in 7.4.2 unless I turn
> off enable_hashjoin.  I'm joining a table of network interfaces and
> a table of networks so I can find additional info about a particular
> interface's network.

Hmm.  The inet = operator is marked hashable in 7.4 but not in 7.3 ...
I wonder if that is a mistake?  I recall looking at the datatype and
deciding there were no insignificant bits in it, but that could be
wrong.  Or it could be that the network() function is taking some
shortcut it shouldn't.

Is any of this data IPv6 addresses by any chance?

> From my sample data set (available upon request),

Could we see the specific values that join in 7.3 and fail to do so in
7.4?