Re: ERROR: "Database 'products', OID nnn, has disappeared from pg_database"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: "Database 'products', OID nnn, has disappeared from pg_database"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Barnes, Sandy (Sandra)" <Sandy.Barnes@Honeywell.com> writes:
>> Normally, this works fine, but sometimes we get the error
>>
>> "Database 'products', OID nnn, has disappeared from pg_database"
>>
>> where nnn is some number, and forever afterwards we can't access a
>> database with that name.  Removing and recreating the database doesn't
>> help.  Neither does vacuuming it.

Try vacuuming pg_database (after connecting to template1 or the other
always-there db).  7.1 will be a little smarter about this, but the
setup you describe is still pretty risky IMHO.  You have a nonvolatile
reference in pg_database to a volatile database in the RAM filesystem,
so a system crash will leave you with a dangling reference...