Re: Unicode support problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unicode support problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Jatinder Sangha" <js@coalitiondev.com> writes:
> I've setup the postgres database as follows:

> LANG=C
> initdb  -E UNICODE
> createdb -E UNICODE

> I have tried setting locale/lc_ctype to C, POSIX, iso_8859_1, all kinds
> of things, and nothing seems to fix it.

You can't just pick random combinations of locale and database encoding.
Any given locale setting implies a character set encoding, and you have
to use that same encoding as the database encoding; at least if you want
encoding-dependent operations such as upper()/lower() to work.  The
locale you want for Unicode (UTF8) may be named something like
"en_US.utf8".  Try "locale -a" to get a list of supported locales.

Сообщение: Re: Questions regarding notify processing.
Сообщение: Re: Questions regarding notify processing.