Re: [GENERAL] Physical Database Configuration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Physical Database Configuration
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Physical Database Configuration  (nolan@celery.tssi.com)
Список pgsql-hackers
Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> writes:
> Well, consider this. Keep in mind that all of them are directories..

I can see no reason that we'd want a level of directory associated with
schemas...

> Well, with above proposal, drop database should be as simple. It's just that
> it would be more than one `rm -rf`rather than just one.

Right, there would be potentially one per tablespace.  The key point
here is that the tablespace definitions are known cluster-wide, so a
"DROP DATABASE x" command running in database y would still be able
to figure out which subdirectories it needs to zap.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Physical Database Configuration
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Physical Database Configuration