Re: [HACKERS] fatal copy in/out error (6.5.3)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] fatal copy in/out error (6.5.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> This looks to me like something is deciding that \217 must be the
>> start of a 3-byte multibyte character... in which case, it should have
>> appeared that way in your database, I think.

> That would be very weird, if true.  \217 is certainly not the beginning of
> a UTF-8 three-byte sequence, and EUC doesn't have three-byte codes.

Hmm.  And I don't suppose it's real likely that \217 is a one-byte code
and \210 starts a two-byte code?

I'm out of my depth here --- it seems this is almost certainly a
MULTIBYTE issue, but I know very little about MULTIBYTE.  I'm going
to punt and hope some of our MULTIBYTE experts pick it up.