Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build HTML documentation using XSLT stylesheets by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> writes:
> On 2016-11-16 21:59, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I have committed another patch to improve the build performance a bit.
>> Could you check again?

> It is indeed better (three minutes off, nice) but still:
> real    5m21.348s  -- for 'make -j 8 html'
> versus
> real    1m8.502s   -- for 'make -j 8 oldhtml'

Yeah, I get about the same.

> Centos 6.6 - I suppose it's getting a bit old, I don't know if that's
> the cause of the discrepancy with other's measurements.

... and on the same toolchain.  Probably the answer is "install a newer
toolchain", but from what I understand, there's a whole lot of work there
if your platform vendor doesn't supply it already packaged.