Re: upper()/lower() truncates the result under Japanese Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: upper()/lower() truncates the result under Japanese Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue <inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Upper(), lower() or initcap() function truncates the result
> under Japanese Windows with e.g. the server encoding=UTF-8
> and the LC_CTYPE setting Japanese_japan.932 .

Hmm, I guess that makes sense, since the LC_CTYPE implies an encoding
other than UTF-8; MB_CUR_MAX should be set according to LC_CTYPE.

The proposed patch seems pretty ugly though.  Why don't we just stop
using MB_CUR_MAX altogether?  These three functions are the only
references to it AFAICS.