Re: Get next OID

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Get next OID
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dianne Yumul <dianne@wellsgaming.com> writes:
> We have PostgreSQL 8.1.21 on CentOS 5.5 and some of our older programs still use OIDs to identify a row.  I'm
planningon adding a serial column to the tables and modifying the code to use the serial column instead.  But I am
curiousto find out how close we are before the OID wraps around.  Is there a way to check for this?  I tried select
max(oid)from table on the tables and the highest I got was around 8 million.  I searched the docs, faq and mailing list
archivesbut haven't found any info on getting the next OID.

pg_controldata would tell you approximately where the OID counter is.

От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: build of 9.0 did not make an "etc" directory
От: Karl Denninger
Сообщение: Re: Somewhat odd messages being logged on replicated server