Re: "brew services list" shows postgresql as "started", but can not connect to it

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "brew services list" shows postgresql as "started", but can not connect to it
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alexander Farber <alexander.farber@gmail.com> writes:
> And "brew services list" reports it as "started":
>     postgresql started afarber
> /Users/afarber/Library/LaunchAgents/homebrew.mxcl.postgresql.plist
> And I can restart it:
>     # brew services restart postgresql
>     Stopping `postgresql`... (might take a while)
>     ==> Successfully stopped `postgresql` (label: homebrew.mxcl.postgresql)
>     ==> Successfully started `postgresql` (label: homebrew.mxcl.postgresql)
> But unfortunately I can not connect with "psql":
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I'd start by figuring out where that packaging causes the postmaster
to write its log file, and having a look in the log file.

Hopefully there is some documentation included with the homebrew PG
package that explains that.  But if not, perhaps a look into the
launch-agent script mentioned above would tell you.  Look for something
like a -l argument to pg_ctl, or a redirection of stderr into a file.