Re: [INTERFACES] table very big !!!!!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] table very big !!!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Peter Mount <peter@retep.org.uk> writes:
> Ah, try running first vacuum; then vacuum analyze. The first one will
> truncate the table removing the wasted space. The second simply rebuilds
> some statistics about the table.

This is not right --- AFAICT, vacuum *always* runs the compaction phase.
You can allow or skip the stats-gathering phase by specifying "analyze"
or not, but "vacuum analyze" implies "vacuum".

It sounds like Pablo has a problem with vacuum not doing what it is
supposed to ... has anyone else ever seen that?  It's a new one on me.