Re: pgsql: Move pg_lzcompress.c to src/common.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Move pg_lzcompress.c to src/common.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
>> Urgh.. Would that mean keeping a local copy of SET_VARSIZE_4B_C and
>> VARSIZE_4B if this hack is not used? Looking at the git history, I am
>> seeing similar things in 2008 where pg_crc stuff was moved to src/port
>> (5c9c08d).

> Surely not. It seems like a much better idea to not have lzcompress deal
> with varlena at all but pass that responsibility one layer upwards. That
> shouldn't be very hard.

All files in src/common should be using the coding pattern

#ifndef FRONTEND
#include "postgres.h"
#else
#include "postgres_fe.h"
#endif

and as noted, it's going to take additional refactoring to make it
possible to do that in pg_lzcompress.  In view of all the potentially
unportable stuff Andres committed today, we need the buildfarm to be
at full strength; so I've reverted this commit until it can be worked
out a bit better.