Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So based on that theory, here's a patch.
> In short, this patch makes hashfuncs.c consistent about (1) using the
> next wider signed type to report unsigned values and (2) using the
> GetDatum macro that matches the SQL return type in width and
> signedness.  Objections?

I haven't actually reviewed the patch, but your description of it sounds
sane.

One thing to think about is what will happen if someday we want to use
64-bit hash codes (a day I think is not that far away).  It sounds like
you've already chosen bigint for any output field that represents a
hash code or a related value such as a mask ... but it wouldn't hurt
to look through the fields with that in mind.