Re: why is the permission granted in a non-recursive way and what are the benefits

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: why is the permission granted in a non-recursive way and what are the benefits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
mzj1996@mail.ustc.edu.cn writes:
> In most scenarios, we want to assign permissions to a table and partition table to a user, but in postgresql,
permissionsare not recursive, so we need to spend extra energy to do this. So let's ask the postgresql team, why is the
permissiongranted in a non-recursive way and what are the benefits?

It's intentional, because you might not wish to allow users of the
partitioned table to mess with the partitions directly.  Since only
the table directly named in the query is permission-checked, it's
not necessary for users of the partitioned table to have such child
permissions.

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Addition of alias types regpublication and regsubscription
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to disable the autovacuum ?