Re: OS X and ossp-uuid, next chapter

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OS X and ossp-uuid, next chapter
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> We already know that the uuid-ossp extension doesn't build OS X unless a
>> small patch is applied.
>>
>> This has now gotten slightly worse after the Autoconf upgrade, because
>> it will now fail if a header is present but cannot be compiled.

> Given commit e6170126fc201052b0ec5fc92177eb181d602d26, I think we
> should just remove uuid-ossp from our tree.  Somebody can maintain it
> on PGXN if they feel the urge.

I think that's premature, since that commit hasn't shipped yet.  Give
people a release or two to switch over.

I'd be good with putting a notice on uuid-ossp saying that it's deprecated
and will be removed soon.  Of course, our track record for enforcing such
things is bad, but we gotta start somewhere ...