Re: Detailed index predicate with \d on indexes in psql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Detailed index predicate with \d on indexes in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> Anyone know why I am getting the "internal form" of the
> partial-index predicate?

If you look in describe.c, you'll see that what psql is printing is
the result ofSELECT pg_get_expr(i.indpred, i.indrelid) as indpredFROM pg_index i
which should yield the exact same text as what pg_get_indexdef offers
in WHERE.  Have you mucked with this SELECT?  Are you perhaps trying
to run against a pre-7.2 server (pg_get_expr is new in 7.2)?

> I'm also wondering if we even need the "Index predicate:"
> section at all?

Not if you intend to print the results of pg_get_indexdef instead.