Re: Too many open connections

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Too many open connections
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Petros Mylonopoulos <petros@gate.v3.com> writes:
> I keep getting the following error message:
> Warning: PostgreSQL: Too many open links (2)

> I've searched in the DOCs and FAQs, but no luck. How do I increase the
> maximum number of connections? I've started postmaster with "-N 64 -B
> 128".

That's not a too-many-open-connections error.  I don't know what it
is, in fact --- but I can tell you there is no such error message
string anywhere in the 7.0.* source code, because I just looked.
It must be coming out of some non-PG code, perhaps a startup script
or the C library.

What PG version are you using, on what platform?  Exactly when and where
does this message show up?