Re: How to determine what is preventing deleting a rule

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to determine what is preventing deleting a rule
Дата
Список pgsql-general
stan <stanb@panix.com> writes:
> I have deleted,  what i thought were all the objects referenced by these roles,
> but I still get an error saying there is one object they reference.
> How can I find out what this object is?

The error should tell you, if you're connected to the database where
that object is.

regression=# create database d1;
CREATE DATABASE
regression=# create database d2;
CREATE DATABASE
regression=# create user joe;
CREATE ROLE
regression=# \c d2 joe
You are now connected to database "d2" as user "joe".
d2=> create table tt(d1 int);
CREATE TABLE
d2=> \c d1 postgres
You are now connected to database "d1" as user "postgres".
d1=# drop user joe;
ERROR:  role "joe" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
DETAIL:  1 object in database d2
d1=# \c d2
You are now connected to database "d2" as user "postgres".
d2=# drop user joe;
ERROR:  role "joe" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
DETAIL:  owner of table tt

Unfortunately, we can't see into the catalogs of a different database
to explain about dependencies there ...