Re: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thomas Heinis <postgres@mailzone.ch> writes:
>> Just varchars, huh?  Weird.  What PG version are you running?
>> How many rows in the table?
>
> PG version is 7.0.2, OS is Red Hat Linux 6.2. The table has 614 rows.

The only thing I can think of is that the table has gotten corrupted so
that one or more of the varchar values appears huge --- ie, its length
word claims to be many megabytes instead of the correct value.

You should be able to home in on the corrupted row(s) by elimination:
figure out which rows you can select and which not.  You can probably
even select the non-corrupted columns in the bad rows.  Once you delete
the bad rows things should be OK again ... though a dump/initdb/reload
might be a good idea in case there are other problems.  Did you suffer
a system crash recently?