Re: Serious Crash last Friday

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Serious Crash last Friday
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> The fact that the backend cannot open a segment of a TOAST table raises
> the question "how did it get removed?".

I am guessing that the segment never existed, and that the real problem
is corruption of an entry in the TOAST table's index.  A bad record
number in an index tuple's heap pointer could produce this symptom.

It might be worth dumping the TOAST index with pg_filedump or some such
tool and looking for silly block numbers.  Examining the pattern of
corruption on the bad page, once found, might give us some hint how it
happened.