Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.
Дата
Re: numeric precision when raising one numeric to another.  ("Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> writes:
> It appears from checking the output of exponentiation of one numeric to
> another, the output is actually in floating point.  Is this normal and /
> or expected?

Yes, seeing that the only ^ operator we have is float8.

regression=# \do ^
                                         List of operators
   Schema   | Name |  Left arg type   |  Right arg type  |   Result type    |
  Description
 pg_catalog | ^    | double precision | double precision | double precision | exponentiation (x^y)
(1 row)