Re: Extending System Views: proposal for 8.1/8.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extending System Views: proposal for 8.1/8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I might suggest simply "tables" "triggers" "types" etc.   The plurals
> of these reserved words are no, AFAIK, reserved.  And if users are
> creating identically named objects in public, they just need to
> remember to use the schema.

Only if you put them in some other schema.  We have specifically
promised not to create any tables/views in pg_catalog that do not
have names beginning with "pg_" --- see
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/ddl-schemas.html#DDL-SCHEMAS-CATALOG