Re: Assertion failure in HEAD and 13 after calling COMMIT in a stored proc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Assertion failure in HEAD and 13 after calling COMMIT in a stored proc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 11:01 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The comment is written in terms of "when can we
>> skip taking a snapshot", while the test in the code is written for
>> the inverse condition "when do we need a snapshot".

> Perhaps that code could have been written as the following, to better
> align with the comments:
> [ invert the variable's meaning ]

Yeah, perhaps.  I remember feeling that the code was clearer this
way (because "if (!skip_snapshot)" seems a little backwards).
But it might be better to make the code fit the comment than to
try to invert the description in the comment.

Сообщение: Re: Deadlock risk while inserting directly into partition?
Сообщение: Re: Deadlock risk while inserting directly into partition?