Re: Hot standby and synchronous replication status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Hot standby and synchronous replication status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> While we're at this, can we add xlog_location as a file-location GUC?

That was proposed and rejected quite a long time ago.  We don't *want*
people to be able to "just change a GUC" and have their xlog go
somewhere else, because of the foot-gun potential.  You need to be sure
that the existing WAL files get moved over when you do something like
that, and the GUC infrastructure isn't up to ensuring that.