Re: stats on cursor and query execution troubleshooting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stats on cursor and query execution troubleshooting
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Alban_M=E9dici_=28NetCentrex=29=22?= <amedici@fr.netcentrex.net> writes:
> I'm looking for the statistic of memory,  CPU,  filesystem access while=20
> executing some regular SQL query,  and I want to compare them to
> same kind of results while executing a cursor function.

I think your second query is finding all the disk pages it needs in
kernel disk cache, because they were all read in by the first query.
This has little to do with cursor versus non cursor, and everything
to do with hitting recently-read data again.

Сообщение: Re: Excessive context switching on SMP Xeons
Сообщение: Re: Excessive context switching on SMP Xeons