Re: BUG #13404: Docs do not mention "access/htup_details.h" for C functions using heap_form_tuple

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #13404: Docs do not mention "access/htup_details.h" for C functions using heap_form_tuple
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> christianr@fastmail.com wrote:
>> Is this a bug, or did I miss something?

> Hmm.  So there are two ways to fix this bug.  One is to #include
> "access/htup_details.h" in funcapi.h as you propose; the other is to
> change the docs to state that heap_form_tuple is in htup_details and you
> need to include that separately if you want it.

> I could go both ways, but seeing as we changed this in 9.3 and many
> people since then first complained and then tweaked their code to cope
> by #including htup_details.h, I think changing the docs is the reasonable
> option.  You can write functions without using heap_form_tuple, after
> all.

Yeah.  I don't think anyone's ever felt that that part of the
documentation was more authoritative than the code (especially not where
it's merely reporting an old and rather messy situation).  And as you say,
if we were going to change the code, the time for that was 2 releases
back.