Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fw: configure error with krb5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"kanchana" <pkkanchana@gmx.net> writes:
> So i edited postgres.bki file as you sent(missind quotes..). Once i give
> quotes as follows..it works fine.

okay ...

> *  is there any  problem with the 'sed' or 'awk' installed on my
> machine(made me to edit .bki file)

Evidently.  Or maybe we're doing something non-portable, though I'd have
thought any such problem would have been noticed before now.  If you
want to dig into it, you can look at src/backend/catalog/genbki.sh,
which is the shell script that builds postgres.bki from the input files
in src/include/catalog --- in particular, pg_proc.h is the one that
gives rise to the line that's gettting munged.  Perhaps you could trace
through genbki.sh and figure out just what's going wrong?  Then you
could either send in a bug report against your sed or awk, or let us
know how we blew it.

> * i builded wih --with-krb5, how to test krb5 authentication to find whether
> it works fine or not. plz  point me any link or steps.

Sorry, I know nothing at all about Kerberos.  Anyone out there?