Re: PlPython

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PlPython
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com> writes:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've also commented out the paragraph about global data and function
>> arguments pending resolution of the question.  Given the reference to
>> restricted execution objects in the original text, I would think that
>> the removal of rexec usage means that plpython functions can now get at
>> any global data.  But I'm not a Python user and might be
>> misunderstanding the point.

> The scope of each function is still private, so global data are not shared
> unless explicitly stored in the "GD" dictionary.  This is still the case
> with my updated code.

Okay, but surely the reference to restricted execution objects is now
wrong?  Can you give me corrected text for the para in question?

   Each function gets its own restricted execution object in the
   Python interpreter, so that global data and function arguments from
   <function>myfunc</function> are not available to
   <function>myfunc2</function>.  The exception is the data in the
   <varname>GD</varname> dictionary, as mentioned above.