Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-12-05 Tu 14:50, Davin Shearer wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> In reviewing the 005 patch, I think that when used with FORCE ARRAY,
> we should also _imply_ FORCE ROW DELIMITER.  I can't envision a use
> case where someone would want to use FORCE ARRAY without also using
> FORCE ROW DELIMITER.  I can, however, envision a use case where
> someone would want FORCE ROW DELIMITER without FORCE ARRAY, like maybe
> including into a larger array.  I definitely appreciate these options
> and the flexibility that they afford from a user perspective.
>
> In the test output, will you also show the different variations with
> FORCE ARRAY and FORCE ROW DELIMITER => {(false, false), (true, false),
> (false, true), (true, true)}?  Technically you've already shown me the
> (false, false) case as those are the defaults.

I don't understand the point of FORCE_ROW_DELIMITER at all. There is
only one legal delimiter of array items in JSON, and that's a comma.
There's no alternative and it's not optional. So in the array case you
MUST have commas and in any other case (e.g. LINES) I can't see why you
would have them.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: UBSan pointer overflow in xlogreader.c
Сообщение: Re: UBSan pointer overflow in xlogreader.c