Re: Free space mapping (was Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Free space mapping (was Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mark Kirkwood <markir@slingshot.co.nz> writes:
> With respect to the REINDEX workaround -  having to re-start your server
> single process for it is a bit fatal if you are  24/7 shop

You don't have to do that for a TOAST table, do you?  It should be okay
to do the reindex in multiuser mode.

(Now that I think about it, the code might think that a toast table is a
system table, in which case we ought to loosen the check a little.)