Re: Server crashed, now cannot start postgres [FIXED]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Server crashed, now cannot start postgres [FIXED]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> writes:
>    Yes, it's a linux box. And /dev/shm/ does have incorrect permissions
> (755). Thanks to your response I remembered that chromium does not run until
> I follow its advice to chmod 1777 /dev/shm. Sure enough, chromium would not
> load.
>    So, I changed the perms on /dev/shm/ and now both postgres and chromium
> work.

Hmm, AFAIK that's what it should be out of the box.  Certainly on my RHEL6
machine I see

$ ls -ld /dev/shm
drwxrwxrwt. 2 root root 260 Sep 12 10:53 /dev/shm/

Googling suggests that some really old kernels (~2009) might've had issues
with setting this up wrong, but anything in current support ought to
get it right ...

Сообщение: Re: Server crashed, now cannot start postgres [FIXED]
Сообщение: Re: Server crashed, now cannot start postgres [FIXED]