Re: PostgreSQL select

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL select
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, [ISO-8859-2] Ji�� N�mec wrote:
>> There's a problem with PostgreSQL 8.0.3 SELECT. All tables exist, all
>> columns exist, I have no idea where's the problem :/ PostgreSQL
>> reports this error: ERROR:  relation "fieldx" does not exist...
>>
>> SELECT fieldx.field_id, COUNT(optionx.option_id) AS field_options
>> FROM c_custom_fields AS fieldx, j_product_groups_fields AS join_table
>> LEFT JOIN c_custom_fields_options AS optionx ON optionx.field_id = fieldx.field_id

> Our reading of the spec is that fieldx is not in scope for that left
> join's on condition since effectively join has higher precedence than
> comma separating items in the from list.

In other words: what you probably meant here is

FROM (c_custom_fields AS fieldx CROSS JOIN j_product_groups_fields AS join_table)
LEFT JOIN c_custom_fields_options AS optionx ON optionx.field_id = fieldx.field_id

(The parentheses aren't required in this particular case but they help
clarify your intent.)

We are aware that there are certain standards-challenged products
that get this wrong.