Re: [HACKERS] Re: Mirroring a DB

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Mirroring a DB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@range.infoplease.com> writes:
>> Current
>> sources will put table prefixes on every var in a rule if more than one
>> table appears in the rule's rangelist.  I think this should be
>> sufficient, but it's hard to tell from this incomplete example;

> Version 6.5.3 seem to behave as you said, so I'm guessing that this
> fix occurred relatively recently and I was just unaware it had been
> fixed.

Actually, 6.5.3 just unconditionally prefixes all vars in a decompiled
rule, all the time.  That was a quick-patch solution to the type of
problem you are complaining of.  Current sources (6.6/7.0-to-be) try to
be smarter by only prefixing vars when there is possible ambiguity (ie,
more than one table in the rangelist).  That's why I was concerned about
the details of your example --- I was wondering if this "improvement"
might fail under the right special case...