Re: Different length lines in COPY CSV

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Different length lines in COPY CSV
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What's been suggested in the past is some sort of standalone
>> file-format-conversion utility,

> Anyway, that's history now. Where would you want this file conversion
> utility? bin? contrib? pgfoundry?

I'd say pgfoundry for starters --- there's no reason to tie it down
to server release cycles.  Maybe when the thing is fairly mature and
doesn't need frequent releases, we could think about whether it ought
to be brought into the core distro.

However, it likely won't ever be a candidate to become part of core
unless it's written in C, and offhand I would judge C to not be the
best choice of implementation language for such a thing.  This is surely
going to be mostly a string-pushing type of problem, so something like
perl might be a better bet.