Re: postmaster process and multithreading

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster process and multithreading
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
andrew klassen <aptklassen@yahoo.com> writes:
> The reason I am asking is because sometimes the postmaster
> will create a core dump and it will show two threads but the
> backtrace on both threads does not show any helpful information.

Are you using plperl or pltcl?  The backend shouldn't go multithreaded,
but we've seen problems with those interpreters causing it to happen.
(I suppose other language interpreters like python might be risks as
well, but those two are the only ones trouble has been reported with.)