Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions

> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
>> I think the question is "just how innumerable are those attack
>> routes"?  So, we can prevent a symlink from being used via O_NOFOLLOW.
>> But what about hard links?

> You can't hard link to files you don't own.

That restriction exists on only some platforms.  Current OS X for instance
seems perfectly willing to allow it (suggesting that most BSDen probably
do likewise), and I see no language supporting your claim in the POSIX
spec for link(2).

This points up the fact that platform-specific security holes are likely
to be a huge part of the problem.  I won't even speculate about our odds
of building something that's secure on Windows.

Сообщение: Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions
Сообщение: Re: Directory/File Access Permissions for COPY and Generic File Access Functions