Re: Authentication failed when Password contains Japaneese Charecters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Authentication failed when Password contains Japaneese Charecters
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Shivender Devarakonda <shivenderd@gmail.com> writes:
> I tried to use ALTER USER to change the password, for some reason the sql
> command is not displaying the japaneese charecter properly and I tried using
> the buffer file but the buffer file was default to ANSI format and it is not
> accepting UTF-8 format..

Well, that's sure consistent with the idea that you've got encoding
conversion issues going on.  I don't know enough about encoding behavior
on Windows to help you much more with that.  The path of least
resistance might be to use a plain-ASCII password.