Re: [HACKERS] MAX Query length

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] MAX Query length
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Ansley, Michael" <Michael.Ansley@intec.co.za> writes:
> Trawling through the code last night I noticed that:
> #define MAX_QUERY_SIZE (BLCKSZ * 2)

> Is there any conceivable reason why the query length would be dependent on
> the block size?

Sure: you want to be able to INSERT a tuple of maximum size.  In the
absence of dynamically sized text buffers, a reasonable estimate of
the longest INSERT command of interest is going to depend on BLCKSZ.

I don't know how long that particular constant has been defined like
that, though.  I had the idea that it was the same as BLCKSZ, not 2x.
You may well find that frontend libpq is using a different value for
its buffer sizes than the backend is :-(