Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 7 December 2012 12:37, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> - There is still a problem with toast indexes. If the concurrent reindex of
>> a toast index fails for a reason or another, pg_relation will finish with
>> invalid toast index entries. I am still wondering about how to clean up
>> that. Any ideas?

> Build another toast index, rather than reindexing the existing one,
> then just use the new oid.

Um, I don't think you can swap in a new toast index OID without taking
exclusive lock on the parent table at some point.

One sticking point is the need to update pg_class.reltoastidxid.  I
wonder how badly we need that field though --- could we get rid of it
and treat toast-table indexes just the same as normal ones?  (Whatever
code is looking at the field could perhaps instead rely on
RelationGetIndexList.)