Re: StandbyAcquireAccessExclusiveLock doesn't necessarily

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: StandbyAcquireAccessExclusiveLock doesn't necessarily
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 5:54 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Please explain why you think that would be with no restart.

> Because the startup process will die, and if that happens, IIRC,
> there's no crash-and-restart loop.  You're just done.

Unless we think that the startup process will never never ever throw
an error, that might be a behavior that needs discussion in itself.

Obviously an infinite crash-and-restart loop would be bad, but
perhaps the postmaster could have logic that would allow restarting
the startup process some small number of times.  I think the hard
part would be in deciding whether a previous restart had succeeded
(ie made progress beyond the prior crash point), so that it should
no longer count against the retry limit.