Re: libpq debug log

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq debug log
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Iwata, Aya" <iwata.aya@jp.fujitsu.com> writes:
> The purpose of this log acquisition I thought is to identify where is the problem:
> server side, application side or traffic.

TBH, I think the sort of logging you're proposing would be expensive
enough that *it* would be the bottleneck in a lot of cases.  A lot
of people find that the existing server-side "log_statement" support
is too expensive to keep turned on in production --- and that logs only
received SQL queries, not the returned data, and certainly not every
message passed over the wire.